Fifth Estate #384 (Spring 2011) Out Now
April 29, 2011
The spring 2011 of the long-running Michigan anarchist/anti-authoritarian newspaper Fifth Estate is out now. Among the many articles in this issue are two articles pertaining to Michigan: a look at Detroit’s Trumbullplex and the anarchist convergence that took place as part of the U.S. Social Forum last summer in Detroit. The rest of the content:
- Tributes to FE staffer and Editor Don LaCoss (1964 – 2011)
- Green Scares Updates – Marie Mason and Eric McDavid
- RNC 8 – Settlement from 2008 Republican National Convention
- The Haymarket Martyrs – Guilty, but So What?
- Making Anarchist Media
- DIY Sex – Sex with Someone You Love; yourself!
- Q & A with Kathleen Hanna
- Trumbullplex – Almost 20 Years at a Detroit Living and Performance Space
- Supporting the Scene – Is DIY Anti-capitalist?
- Anarchist Convergence at the U.S. Social Forum
- Return to Self Reliance – Emerson’s Relevance to D.I.Y.
Book & Music Reviews:
- Gustav Landauer: Revolution and other Writings
- Mecca Normal: How Art and Music Can Change the World
- Lierre Keith: The Vegetarian Myth
- Ron Sakolsky: Islands of Resistance, Pirate Radio in Canada
- d’bi young: Wombanifesto
- Earth First! Journal, 30 Years of Resistance
- Outlaw Midwifery
plus many letters and exchanges.
The issue is available for $4 ppd from http://www.fifthestate.org.
The next issue of the magazine has the theme “Visions of Anarchy” and Fifth Estate is looking for submissions.
Fifth Estate #384 (Spring 2011) Out Now was published on April 29, 2011