Over two years ago, a radical queer/trans anarchist known as Bash Back! organized an action that disrupted a church service at an anti-gay church outside Lansing, Michigan. The action resulted in a lawsuit from the rightwing Alliance Defense Fund.
As part of the ongoing lawsuit, the U.S. District Court recently issued an order prohibiting members of Bash Back! Lansing and any Bash Back! affiliate from engaging in various forms of protest. According to the order, members are:
1. permanently enjoined from entering any of Mount Hope Church and International Outreach Ministry’s property without written consent from a member of Plaintiff’s pastoral staff, and from harassing or intimidating any of Mount Hope’s church members or staff;
2. permanently enjoined from disrupting a religious service anywhere in the United States by shouting, yelling, throwing objects, unfurling a banner or displaying any other sign not approved by the church, or by otherwise causing a disturbance. The Defendants shall retain their right to engage in lawful First Amendment speech in a public forum;
3. permanently enjoined from conducting a protest on the private property of any place of worship in the United States;
4. permanently enjoined from blocking, impeding, or making unreasonably difficult ingress or egress to entrances and/or exits of any place of worship in the United States;
5. permanently enjoined from blocking, impeding, or making unreasonably difficult ingress or egress onto property by vehicular or pedestrian traffic at any place of worship in the United States; and
6. permanently enjoined from destroying property at any place of worship in the United States.
The targets of the lawsuit continue to need support, you can find more about the action and their current situation on The Mount Hope Infinity site.