August Political Prisoner Birthday Poster
August 12, 2014
The August political prisoner birthday poster from the Chapel Hill Prison Books Collective is out now:
Hello Friends and Comrades,
1) Here is the political prisoner birthday poster for August. As always, please post this poster publicly and/or use it to start a card writing night of your own.
2) Celebrate the Ten-Year Anniversary of the Carrboro Really Really Free Market! A wild party! The Carrboro Really Really Free Market is celebrating its ten-year anniversary with a massive festival! You’re invited for a whole weekend of really really free activities. We’re hoping comrades from around the world will join us in making this something to remember!
A clash of utopias! Come demonstrate the life you would prefer to capitalism. Set up a booth, offer a workshop, put on a performance, screen a film, carry out some dramatic action, obtain and distribute some resource no one could imagine being free. We want to see a wide range of utopian visions and ungovernable desires manifested. Rather than simply opposing what exists, reactively, we dare you to demonstrate that your alternative to competition and obedience is more nourishing, more exciting, and more fulfilling than anything the market can offer.
More info here. See you in October!
3) Internationalist Books is moving and we need your help!
Internationalist Books and Community Center has been an invaluable part of our community since 1981. We are moving from our current location on Franklin St to 101 Lloyd St. in Carrboro. Our new space will give us a better ability to host programs, projects and events, and make us better able to keep Internationalist strong and growing into the future. This move is a huge undertaking, and a huge leap of faith. We need our community’s support to make this move successful. Please donate whatever you can to pay for the costs of renovations, new bookshelves and furniture, and to help us weather the financial impact of a big move and establish ourselves firmly in our new home. We also want to invite our community to help with workdays in the new space, help us spread the word, and help us with a vision for our new space and the
amazing ways our work can grow through this move. More info on how you can help here.
4) On June 30th, Black Liberation Army POW, Sekou Kambui was transferred to a halfway house in Dotham, AL, but he was recently admitted to a hospital for surgery to remove a tumor. Go here for an extensive update and ways you can continue to show Sekou Kambui support and solidarity during these times.
5) Luke O’Donovan’s trial begins on August 11th. Go here on ways you can help and info about court solidarity.
6) On July 2, 2014 20 year old Ryan Ronquillo was repeatedly shot by Denver Police in the parking lot of the Romero Family Funeral Home in Northwest Denver during a funeral service. Comrades in Durham are helping to raise money to cover his funeral expenses. Go here to find out more and to donate money to funeral expenses.
7) The 2014 North American Anarchist Black Cross conference is still seeking donations to provide travel expenses for former political prisoners. If you some money to spare please send some their way. They also have t-shirts, buttons, and books for sale to raise the money.
8) Be sure to check out the latest Political Prisoner/Prisoner Of War every-other week update by the NYC-Anarchist Black Cross. There are lots of important updates on many political prisoners.
Until Every Cage Is Empty,
August Political Prisoner Birthday Poster was published on August 12, 2014
Share on Social Media
- Share on Mastodon
- Share on Twitter
- Share on Facebook
- Share on Tumblr
- Share on Reddit
- Share on Telegram
- Share on WhatsApp
These links are not an endorsement of social media. They are provided for convenience and to help foster the spread of anarchist ideas.