Anti-Police Brutality Flyer for Demos and Protests
June 13, 2020
We’re happy to share the following flyer that compiles a set of principles for solidarity in the streets alongside some praticial tactical advice. The flyer features the text “5 Principles for the Anti-Police Brutality Movement”, a series of graphics and text outlining some ideas for staying safe in the streets, and a blank space
for folks to write a legal support number. Please share and distribute widely!
Text and graphics by Can’t Touch This NYC, Unity & Struggle, and the Comité Boricua En La Diáspora.
5 Principles For The Anti-Police Brutality Movement
Written by Can’t Touch This NYC
- We will respect a diversity of tactics in the streets, as they reflect a diversity of political perspectives within our movement. We will not physically prevent fellow demonstrators from taking actions they deem necessary.
- While we may debate and disagree, we will not denounce fellow protesters in public statements in a manner that exposes them to state repression. We will not denounce protesters for engaging in self-defense or property damage.
- We refuse to cooperate with politicians in legitimizing the repression of other parts of our movement. We will not accept this as a condition for dialogue with city officials.
- We refuse to help police repress our movement. We will not help police identify and prosecute protesters, nor hand protesters into police custody, nor provide general intelligence on our movement.
- We will avoid posting and circulating sensitive visual information on social media, as police use social media to collect incriminating evidence against protesters. We will not collaborate with the media to make such information publicly available.
Anti-Police Brutality Flyer for Demos and Protests was published on June 13, 2020