New Zines: Resignation is Death, Against Social Networks, + More
We have added a few new zines and pamphlets to our zine catalog. As always, we encourage people to download and distribute them.
The new zines are:
- Resignation is Death – A critical engagement with nihilist ideas and practice (or lack thereof) in North America. It’s a thoughtful response compared with much of the other discussion about nihilism in the anarchist space.
- Against “Social Networks” & the False Communities of Capital – This zine is offers a comprehensive critique of “social networks”. It goes beyond just looking at the particulars of each technology but rather looks at how the technologies as a whole embody capitalist values. It also explores the ramifications of their use on social movements.
- Give Up Activism – This is a classic critique of the way in which radicals adopt the “activist” role and engage uncritically in “activism” as a practice. Even though it was written nearly 17 years ago, it remains a helpful piece of writing.
- Crowbar Chronicles – This zine is a poetic ode to the lifestyle of squatting as expressed by an anonymous squatter participating in the European autonomous movement. Their recollections of the lessons learned and the joys experienced is a helpful anecdote to the cynicism that pervades a lot of anarchist writing.
- Ten Blows Against Politics – Another “classic” piece from Guerra Sociale that articulates the problems with “politics” and participation in the “political” process. It’s a helpful text for the election year.
- 9 Theses on Insurgency – This zine is a response to the “impasse” facing anarchists over the all-too-common question of “what is to be done?” In it, they argue against “activism” and in favor of embracing insurgency.
- 20 Theses on the Subversion of the Metropolis – This text is another one that has been distributed frequently over the past decade in North America, but retains its relevancy as a an analysis of contemporary capitalism and what the authors call “the metropolis.”